The College’s latest Inspection Report is now available. It was carried out in November 2014 by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI). The report is also available on the ISI website.
ISI Inspection Report, January 2015
Unlike OFSTED Inspection in maintained schools, ISI reports do not give an overall grading for a school. Instead, ISI make judgements on a four point scale (Excellent, Good, Sound and Unsatisfactory). We are delighted to have received the grade of Excellent in relation to the quality of pupils’ achievement and learning; curricular and extra-curricular provision; the spiritual moral and cultural development of the pupils; pastoral care and the quality of leadership and management, including links with parents.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (Lower Prep School) was also judged to be Excellent in all respects.
A few highlights from the report read as follows:
- The quality of the pupils' achievement and learning is excellent. The College meets its aim that every pupil should learn from their total experience with much success.
- Pupils reach excellent levels of achievement in activities, where their success is considerable across diverse fields, reflecting the College's focus on all-round achievement.
- Teaching combines challenging questions with frequent use of praise and encouragement to promote independent thinking successfully and enable strong attitudes towards learning.
- The pupils' learning throughout the College is characterised by persistence, resilience, excellent collaborative work and effective organisation.
- The spiritual influence of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, which permeates the College, combined with an emphasis on courtesy, courage and compassion, enables pupils to develop a high degree of maturity and personal development.
- The College maintains excellent links with parents. Responses to pre-inspection questionnaires show extremely high levels of satisfaction with the education provided, the care shown for pupils and the progress they make.