Examination Results and Information

Sub menu

A central focus of the College's activities is charitable fundraising. It is acknowledged as one of the leading educational fundraisers for the principal Catholic overseas aid charity, and pupils contribute in many and diverse ways to this success. ISI Report, January 2015

GCSE Examination Results Summer 2019

For the second year in a row outstanding GCSE results with 'Top grades breaking previous records' at St Columba's College.

St Columba's College is celebrating an excellent set of GCSE results today with top grades at an all-time high. In the new 'tougher' GCSE's, students excelled with 56% of all grades being at 9-7.

Headmaster David Buxton said: "We are delighted that for the second consecutive year the College has surpassed its best ever GCSE results. The results are testimony to the hard work of the students and also to the commitment of our dedicated teaching staff. Thank you to our teachers and congratulations to our students as they move on to A Levels and further education."

Ifaz Syed led the way at St Columba's with ten grade 9s and an A* distinction in Further Maths.

Table of Results for GCSE (2019)

A Level Examination Results Summer 2019

Celebrating A Level Results at St Columba's College with students looking forward to moving on to top universities.

Headmaster David Buxton said: "Despite the much publicised administrative problems over certain A Level exams this year, the vast majority of our students gained the results which enabled them to progress on to their chosen degree courses. We wish them the very best for the future and congratulate them on their achievements. Thank you to all of the teaching staff for their tireless hard work and support for our students."

Harvey Butler will study Theology, Religion and Philosophy of Religion at Cambridge having achieved A* grades in English Literature, History and Religious Studies alongside his A grade in Maths.

Luke Reid will move onto Imperial to study Chemistry having achieved A* grades in Maths and Further Maths and A grades in Chemistry and Physics.

Congratulations to George Throup who will take up his place at The Royal College of Music and Zachary Quinn who will be studying Economics at the University of Chicago.

Finally our outgoing Head Boy Thomas Toland, will take up his place at Durham studying Engineering, having achieved top grades in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

Table of Results for A Level (2019)

Examinations Information:

For enquiries regarding public examinations, please contact Mrs Una Walsh, the Examinations Officer, at exams@stcolumbascollege.org

Key Dates: Exams 2020

Exam Specifications: 2020

Links to Examination Boards

Internal Assessment Decision Appeals Policy

Post- Results Services:

Post-Results Services Available

Request for Review of Results

Request for Access to Exam Script

A level Post-Results Service Fee

GCSE Post-Results Service Fee

Information for Candidates:

Information for Written Examinations

Information for On-Screen Tests

Non-Examination Assessments

GCSE Controlled Assessments

GCE, ELC and Project Qualifications

Privacy Notice

Warning to Candidates

Use of Calculators

Using Social Media and Examinations / Assessments

'No Mobile Devices' Rules

Public Exam Guide