Examination Results and Information

Sub menu

A central focus of the College's activities is charitable fundraising. It is acknowledged as one of the leading educational fundraisers for the principal Catholic overseas aid charity, and pupils contribute in many and diverse ways to this success. ISI Report, January 2015

GCSE Examination Results Summer 2018

St Columba’s College is celebrating an excellent set of GCSE results this year with top grades at an all-time high. In the new ‘tougher’ GCSE’s, students excelled with 53% of all grades being at 9-7(A*-A).

Headmaster David Buxton said: ‘Congratulations to all of our students on their achievements and the excellent results that they have achieved in their GCSE qualifications. We were delighted to see so many smiling faces, after collecting their results this morning. The number of grade 9’s was very pleasing and the increase in 9-7(A*/A) grades this summer is testament to the hard work and talent of the students. I would like to thank our staff for their dedication and expertise and thank parents for their great support’

Augustine McMahon led the way at St Columba’s with nine grade 9s and 2 A* grades.

Table of Results for GCSE (2018)

A Level Examination Results Summer 2018

St Columba’s College is celebrating an excellent set of A Level results today, with many of its students accepting their first choice of university.

Headmaster David Buxton said: ‘Congratulations to all of our students on their achievements and the excellent results that they have achieved in their A-level qualifications. I wish all of our students every success in the future’

Head Boy, James Bromfield, will take up his place at Durham, studying Philosophy, Politics and Economics, having achieved three A* Grades and one A Grade in History, Maths, Further Maths and Religious Studies as well as an A* grade in the EPQ.

Barnabas Elbourn will study Law at Bristol, having achieved A* grades in English Literature, History and Government & Politics alongside his A* grade in the EPQ.

Andrew Harvey will move onto Birmingham to study Physics having achieved top grades in Maths, Further Maths and Physics.

Table of Results for A Level (2018)

Examinations Information:

For enquiries regarding public examinations, please contact Mrs Una Walsh, the Examinations Officer, at exams@stcolumbascollege.org 

Public Examinations Timetable 2019

Key Dates : Exams 2019

Exam Specifications:2019

Exam Specifications:2020

Links to Examination Boards

Internal Assessment Decision Appeals Policy

Post-Results Services: Enquiry, Consent and Payment Form

Information for Candidates:

Information for Written Examinations

Information for On-Screen Tests

Non-Examination Assessments

GCSE Controlled Assessments

GCE, ELC and Project Qualifications

Privacy Notice

Warning to Candidates

Use of Calculators

Using Social Media and Examinations / Assessments

'No Mobile Devices' Rules