Examination Results

Sub menu

GCSE  Examination Results Summer 2017

St Columba’s College celebrated an excellent set of GCSE results with top grades at a five year high, as the proportion falls nationally.

Congratulations to all of our students on their achievements and the excellent results that they have achieved in their GCSE qualifications. It was an absolute pleasure to see so many smiling faces, after collecting the results.  The number of A* grades was very pleasing and the increase in A*/A grades this summer is testament to the hard work and talent of the students, the dedication and expertise of the staff and the support of parents.

Nicholas Atkinson and  Kieran DePaul led the way with 10A* grades, closely followed by a group of students with all A*/A grades including James Sugden .

Table of Results for GCSE (2016)

A Level  Examination Results Summer 2017

We celebrated an excellent set of A Level results at SCC, with many students accepting their first choice of university. Congratulations to all of our students on their achievements and the excellent results that they have achieved in their A-level qualifications. The number of A* grades was particularly pleasing and the increase in A*/A grades this summer is testament to the hard work and talent of the students, the dedication and expertise of the staff and the support of parents. 

Head Boy, James Gamblin, has taken up his place at Cambridge, studying Theology at Fitzwilliam College, having achieved top grades in History, Latin and Religious Studies as well as an A* grade in the EPQ and an A grade in AS Mathematics. Peter Crabtree will study Medicine at University College London, having achieved A* grades in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics alongside his A* grade in the EPQ and A grade at AS Latin.

Billy McDermott is going to  Imperial College London to study Mathematics having achieved A* grades in Maths, Further Maths and Physics as well gaining the required pass in STEP.   Luke Armstrong will be studying Aeronautical Engineering at Bath having achieved A* grades in all three subjects, Physics, Maths and Further Maths, and Guy Fordham celebrates his results and his place at Loughborough having achieved an A* in Maths, A in Spanish and B in PE.

Table of Results for A Level (2016)

For enquiries regarding public examinations, please contact Mrs Una Walsh, the Examinations Officer, at exams@stcolumbascollege.org.